- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and grated
- 8 ounces baby portabello mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- 2-3 cups kale, stalks removed and finely chopped
oil in a skillet over high heat.
squash and cook until it starts to caramelize, about 5 min. Flip pieces and
cook for 3 min. Push squash to one side.
heat to medium-high. Sauté onions for about 2 min., then add garlic and ginger.
Cook for 2 min., combine with the squash, and push all to the side.
- Add mushrooms and cook without turning for 4 min. Add
vinegar, soy sauce, and quinoa to the pan, and mix everything together.
kale and 1 tablespoon of water, and cover. Steam for 2 min. or until kale is
wilted but remains a vibrant green.
- Uncover, stir together, and serve in bowls.